Explore our sunny city and the things you can do once you’re here.
Architecture, Design and Fashion
- 2 semesters
- 2 intakes
This pathway will enable you to develop practical skills as well as your creative potential. When you transition from the ICP pathway to the University of Portsmouth, you will be able to work on real-life projects, undertake commissions, enter your work into competitions, and take part in festivals and exhibitions in the UK and internationally.
Studying architecture is key to understanding the relationship between people and the natural world, and learning how to improve the environment and design the buildings of the future. Our pathway combines creative, analytical and personal skills with the cultural, environmental and technical framework needed for architecture.
Within the graphic design pathway, you will have the opportunity to explore a range of digital and traditional media. The curriculum is based around thematic teaching with a strong emphasis on research-informed design practice. Empowered with creative problem-solving skills and technical knowledge, you will be able to join the exciting and dynamic world of media and design.
Fashion and Textile
Our pathway encourages you to develop your own distinctive style alongside creative and industry-relevant design expertise. This will make you an attractive candidate for a wide range of employment opportunities within the fashion sector. We offer a unique educational experience that integrates fashion and textile design processes with business knowledge.
Programme Details: Year 0
September or January
- ICT Skills
- Business Management
Research Methods, Critical Thinking and Expression
- Design Concepts
- Portfolio Development 1 and 2
- New Media and Digital Cultures
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication 3
At the University of Portsmouth
- BA (Hons) Animation
- BA (Hons) Architecture (accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB), leading to an exemption from the RIBA’s Part 1 examination – the first step towards a professional qualification)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- BA (Hons Interior Architecture and Design
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BA (Hons) Fashion and Textile Design
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Product Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Fashion and Textile Designer