Navinsure – Summary of Cover
It is essential that you take out adequate insurance when you travel to the UK to study. Navitas offers invaluable cover (Navinsure) for international students studying in the UK.
Please refer to the Insurance Product Information Document and the Summary of Cover below to ensure that you have the information you require to make an informed decision.
† If a student needs to pause/defer their studies after their coverage has commenced, their insurance coverage can be paused. The insurance can then be switched on again once the student recommences their studies but it must be activated no more than 12 months after pausing it. Whilst the insurance is paused, cancellation terms continue to apply.
1. What You are Covered For
Cover includes reimbursement of your prepaid course fees due to cancelling, cutting short or repeating your course due to accident, illness or sickness; the cost of bringing a relative to the UK following a medical emergency; medical costs which are not covered by the National Health Service if you are taken ill or have an accident and we will cover your legal liability to pay damages if you accidentally injure someone or damage their property.
Summary of Cover
Personal Money, Passport and Documents
This summary does not contain the full terms and conditions; these can be found in the policy documentation.
- Cover for over 90 sports and activities are included as standard under this policy and full details are available within your policy document.
- Cover is only applicable during: direct trips to and from your home country at the beginning and end of each academic term; outside the UK if the trip is required as part of your study course, or for leisure trips within Europe for a period not exceeding 21 days in total.
- The first £50 of each and every claim per incident claimed for by each insured person except for claims under personal liability where a £100 excess applies, and personal accident and legal expenses where no excess applies.
- This policy is not available to anyone aged 66 or over. Cover under Personal Accident (other than death benefit) are not available to anyone 65 or over.
Cancellation or Curtailment Charges and Course Fees
- Any circumstances known prior to booking the trip that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim.
Emergency Medical and Other Expenses
- Treatment or surgery which, in the opinion of the medical practitioner in attendance, can wait until your return home.
- Medication, which prior to departure is known to be required.
Principal Exclusions (Continued)
Baggage and Personal Money, Passport and Documents
- Valuables left unattended at any time unless in a safety deposit box or in your locked accommodation.
- Baggage contained in an unattended motor vehicle overnight between 9.00pm and 9.00am (local time) or; between 9.00am and 9.00pm (local time) unless it is in a locked boot which is separate from the passenger compartment for those vehicles with a boot, or for those vehicles without a separate boot locked in the vehicle and covered from view.
2. Important Information
This insurance cover is arranged by Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited. International College Portsmouth is an appointed representative of Endsleigh Insurance Service Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register by visiting its website at register.ca.org.uk.
This group policy is provided by Endsleigh and is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Plc. Endsleigh will share the personal details the group policyholder and beneficiaries provide with Zurich Insurance plc. To administer the group policy Zurich Insurance Plc will hold and use information about the group policyholder and beneficiaries supplied by them (and by medical providers). Zurich Insurance Plc may send it in confidence for processing in the Zurich Insurance Plc group (or to other companies acting on Zurich Insurance Plc instructions) including those located outside the European Economic Area, however, Zurich Insurance Plc has taken appropriate steps to ensure the same (or equivalent) level of protection of information in other countries in the EU. Applications for further information should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer at Zurich Insurance Plc.
Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register by visiting its website at fca.org.uk/register. Endsleigh Insurance Services Ltd. Company No. 856706 registered in England at Shurdington Road, Cheltenham Spa, Gloucestershire GL51 4UE.
We aim to provide a high level of service and pay claims fairly and promptly under the terms of this group Travel Insurance Policy. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service please contact, in the first instance, the person who originally dealt with your enquiry. Alternatively you can contact us by:
Telephone: 0800 085 8698
Post: Customer Liaison Department Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited Shurdington Road, Cheltenham Gloucestershire GL51 4UE
If you remain dissatisfied you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your case. The Ombudsman can be contacted at the following address:
The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
What If I Change My Mind?
A beneficiary may withdraw from participation in the group policy at any time by giving notice of that intention to the group policyholder.
Any return of premium will be calculated from the date such participation ceases, provided the beneficiary has not travelled or been the subject of a claim during any period for which cover was provided, in which case no refund will be due. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administration fee.
3. Declaration Travel Eligibility Statements
The beneficiary and anyone accepted for cover under this group policy MUST be:
- registered under the healthcare system in their home country
- registered with a medical practitioner in the United Kingdom (UK) if covered under the group policy for six months or more
- travelling from and returning to their home country
- an international student studying for a degree or other recognised qualification at a College or University in the UK or studying a language course at an Accredited Language School in the UK.
Important Conditions Relating to Health
You must comply with the following conditions to have the full protection of your group policy. If you do not comply this group policy may be cancelled or a claim may be refused or the amount of any claim payment reduced. It is a condition of this policy that you will not be covered for any claims arising directly or indirectly from:
- At the time of taking out this policy:
- Any medical condition you have or have had for which:
- symptoms or diagnosis has occurred within the last 12 months or
- there has been a change in treatment (including medication, dosage, surgery, tests, investigations or diet) in the last 12 months.
- Any medical condition where you, a close relative, or a close business associate:
- are waiting for an operation, hospital consultation (other than for regular checkups), or other hospital treatment or investigation.
- have, within the last six months, been seen by a specialist (other than for regular checkups), had an operation or other hospital treatment or investigation.
- have received a terminal prognosis.
- have not had a diagnosis.
- Any circumstances you are aware of that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim on this policy.
- Any medical condition you have or have had for which:
- At any time:
- Any medical condition you have in respect of which you are travelling against medical advice or for which you are travelling to obtain medical treatment abroad.
- Any medical condition you have in respect are not taking the recommended treatment or prescribed medication as directed by a medical practitioner.
- Travel against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or other public transport provider.
* Close relative means mother, father, sister, brother, wife, husband, daughter, son, grandparent, grandchild, parent–in–law, son–in–law, daughter–in–law, sister–in– law, brother–in–law, step parent, step child, step sister, step brother, foster child, legal guardian, partner, civil partner or fiancé, fiancée.
† Close business associated means any person whose absence from business for one or more complete days at the same time as the beneficiary’s absence prevents the proper continuance of that business.